Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Recipe: Pizza Pinwheels



While this might not be the most gourmet of dishes, it rates a special mention because (a) it is incredibly easy, and (b) it is incredibly quick - both vital criteria for a busy Mum. This is a recipe kindly provided by friends of mine. Pretty much any variation of pizza toppings can be used but I have gone with bacon and cheese.
Take one sheet of frozen puff pastry and smear a generous amount of tomato paste onto one side, leaving around 1.5cm on one edge tomato-free. Top with grated cheddar cheese and chopped bacon. Roll it tightly, adhere the end with water, wrap in foil and partially freeze.


Remove from the freezer and chop into 2cm pinwheels. Place them face-up on a greased oven tray and cook in a pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Super easy.

6 comments:

Memories Of Mine said...

Hi I just found your blog. I make these pizza pinwheels for my kids but I also put some cream cheese spread in them. I have also made Nutella ones too, dusted with icing sugar.
Defiantly quick easy and delicious.

Published articles and pics by Jenny Susanto-Lee said...

Hi Liss, welcome! I just tried your Nutella pinwheels today, they're fantastic! I'll do a post on it next week. Thanks for the tip, Jen

Memories Of Mine said...

Oh, I am so glad you liked these. I look forward to see your post about them. I participate in a monthly photo project and this months subject is food, so I might do my own post about these. That how I fond you blog surfing for idea's

Anonymous said...

What a fun and simple recipe idea! Recipes like this are great because there are so many things you can change it up!

We would like to feature your recipe on our blog and possibly on our digital recipe reader. If interested email haleyglasco@gmail.com

Thanks!
Haley

Mary said...

Hi , just knocked into your blog , i love you pizza pinwheel seem delcious!

Pizza Christchurch said...

I want to try this pizza pinwheels myself. It looks so creative and delicious. Thank you for the recipe.